Custom image

Places

(1)Mandav



Mandu, with its natural defenses, was originally the fort capital of the Parmar rulers of Malwa. Towards the end of 13th century, it came under the Sultans of Malwa, first of who renamed it Shadiabad - the city of joy. Its rulers built exquisite palaces like the Jahaz and Hindola Mahals, Hoshang Shah's Tomb, Jami Masjid, ARCHAEOLOGY-CUM-TRIBAL CULTURE MUSEUM, ornamental canals, baths and pavilions.

Howtoreach?


Air - The nearest airport is Indore, about 100 km away which is connected to Delhi, Bombay, Gwalior,and Bhopal.

Rail - Convenient railhead is Ratlam (124 km) and Indore (94 km) on the Delhi-Bombay mainline.

Road -Regular bus service connect Mandu with Indore, Dhar, Mhow, Ratlam, Ujjain, and Bhopal


(2) Mohankheda - Jain Tirth


Mohankheda-Holi Jain Tirth is situated 47 Kms from Dhar on Indore-Ahemadabad Highway. This Tirth was established by Poojya Gurudev Shri Rajendra Surishwarji Maharaj Sahab around 1940.

This Tirth have Shodh Shikhari Jinalaya, 16 feet heighted Bhagwan shri Adinathji's Pratima and Samadhi Mandir of Shri Rajendra Surishwarji, Shri Yatindra Surishwarji & Shri Vidhyachandra Surishwarji Maharaj Sahab.This Tirth was well connected by Bus from Indore, Dhar, Ujjain, Ahemadabad, Baroda, Ratlam, Bhopal, and Surat. Nearest Railway Station is Meghanagar, nearly 65 Kms from Mohankheda on Mumbai-Delhi Railway Line. Mohankheda Tirth is managed by Shri Adinath Rajendra Jain Shwetamber Cheritable Trust.


(3) Amjhera


The village appears to have been of some importance in old days as it has a number of temples of Shaiva and Vaishnava sects, tanks, Chhatris, satistones, wells a mosque and a fort with palaces inside.

Two tanks known as Brahma Kund and Surya Kund and located in one group near the village. A group of three cenotaphs, built in memory of former Rajput Chiefs, is also situated close to the village.

Village Amjhera lying in the south-east corner of Sardarpur Tahsil is about 23 km. from Sardarpur and about 40 km. to the north-west of Dhar. All the three places are connected by road on which buses ply.


(4) Bagh Caves


These remarkable and interesting rock-cut shrines and monasteries are situated in the Narmada valley among the southern slopes of the Vindhya hill in Kukshi Tahsil of Dhar District.

These caves belong to the Budhist faith and it is not certain as to how and when these caves began to be called Bagh Gumpha. In modern times these caves were first discovered in 1818. It seems that after the extinction of Buddhism in Central India by the 10th Century A.D. these caves remained effaced from human memory.

recently these caves were roughly assigned to the Seventh Century from the style of architecture and painting but a copper-plate grant inscription since discovered pushes back the date of at least some of them to the 4th or 5th Century A.D.

These are about 152 km. by road from the nearest railway station Mhow, on Ajmer-Khandwa narrow gauge section of the Western Railway. Buses play on the road and taxis are available at Indore and Mhow to reach the caves. From Dhar these are about 108 km. to the south-west and from Kukshi about 18 km. to the north.